This in one of our favorite dishes that My family and I always get for “Take-Out”. I recreated this wonderful dish and made it easy to make at home and you get that “take-Out” flavor. It is so good that we make this at least once a week.
To us, It is better than take out and it is so easy to make. So, let’s get started.
8 oz beef – thinly sliced
1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp oil
1 cup broccoli
1 tbsp garlic- minced
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
3 tbsp water
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sugar
- Slice the beef against the grain very thinly.
- combine the marinade ingredients and add to the beef. Mix to combine well. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the the sauce and set aside.
- Cut the broccoli into bite size pieces and blanch in hot water for 1 to 2 minutes. Place in cold water to stop the cooking and to keep that bright green color. Drain. Set aside.
- Over high heat in a wok or non stick skillet add the heat to high and let the pan get hot (if using a wok) keep the pan over medium heat for a non stick skillet. Add the oil and swirl around the pan.
- Add the beef and separate as best as you can. Cook 20 to 30 seconds before tossing. Allow the beef to cook 20 to 30 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil and add the garlic. Cook for 5 to 10 seconds. Add the sauce and stir to thicken. Add the broccoli and stir. Add the beef back in and toss to coat. Remove to a serving plate and serve with rice.