When it comes to pasta…. It is the most efficient way to make a meal. This recipe is one that I make all of the time during the spring and summer months because it is so easy to make and delicious. You can add grilled chicken or steak strips to make it more substantial. I have done both and it turns out amazing every time.
Salt and pepper
4 strips bacon – diced
1 large or 2 small tomatoes ( you can also use cherry tomatoes)
1 tsp sugar
1/2 onion- diced
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lb spaghetti pasta
1 cup spinach leaves
1/2 tsp parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a bit of salt to season the pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat at the bacon and cook until desired crispness. Remove and set aside to drain.
- Add the past to the water when the water starts to boil and stir.
- In the skillet add the onion and cook until tender. About 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the sugar, salt, and pepper. cook for 2 minutes. Add the white wine vinegar and stir to combine. Let the mixture reduce down for about 3 minutes. Add the broth and parsley. Let the broth cook for 5 minutes and reduce by half.
- When the pasta is al dente add the pasta to the mixture and toss to coat. Add the spinach to the pasta and toss to help the spinach wilt.
- Add the bacon back to the pasta and toss. Check for seasoning and adjust to your liking.