I love peanut butter cups but, With the keto lifestyle, you can not eat just any store-bought peanut butter cup. They are loaded with additives, Sugars and all the bad stuff that you do not need.
These peanut butter cups are slightly sweetened just enough to curb your sweet tooth cravings, Crunchy from the cacao nibs and creamy from the peanut butter. Not only are they delicious they help you reach your fat goals for the day if you are lacking the fat in your diet on that day but, they are so easy to make. It literally takes 5 minutes to make with the exception of chilling them in the freezer for 30 minutes. Other than that they are so easy…. the hardest part is waiting until they are done.
So let’s get on into the ingredients and directions because you’d want to make these like right now! lol
3/4 cup of coconut oil
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cup cocoa powder ( or you can use the same thing in both it doesn’t matter but this way they have more of a chocolate flavor)
1 tsp MCT oil ( of choice)
1/4 cup of stevia ( or sweetener of choice)
1/4 cup of cacao nibs ( any brand will do)
10 tbsp of peanut butter ( I use the great value organic no-stir creamy peanut butter)
- In a microwave-safe bowl melt your coconut oil in the microwave for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Remove from the microwave and add the cacao powder, cocoa powder, MCT oil, and stevia. Whisk until all is combined well.
- Now sort out 10 silicone muffin molds and place 1 tbsp of the chocolate mixture into each of the molds.
- Spoon in the 10 tbsp of the peanut butter evenly into the molds on top of the chocolate.
- Now sprinkle the top with the cacao nibs.
- Now evenly spoon 1 tbsp of the mixture into each of the molds on top of the peanut butter and cacao nibs.
- Place the molds on a baking tray and place in the freezer for 30 or until completely set.
- Remove from the freezer and remove from the silicone molds. Place in an airtight container in your fridge.
- Now you can add in flavorings such as vanilla, raspberry, mint, coffee, maple, lemon, strawberry, blueberry or any other flavoring you would like, as I have tried them all. Just place 1/4 of the flavoring into the chocolate mixture and stir before dividing up. I do this often to change the flavor of the chocolate peanut butter cups.
- You can also omit the peanut butter and add any other nut or seed butter you like.
- You can also omit the nut or seed butter altogether and add fruit such as berries. I often do this as well when I just want something without peanut butter. I mix in 1/4 cup of chopped berries such as, Blueberries, strawberries, or raspberries. I chop them small because it mixes better with the batter and distributes evenly when freezing.
- You can also use freeze-dried sugar-free organic berries and crush them and add them to the batter as well. I do this often for a burst of berry flavor.
- You can also just make them plain with a little flaky sea salt on top.
I have tried this recipe so many ways. I just listed a few that you could try instead. They are all so delicious. If you make these leave me comment or find me on Instagram and tag me (crewsfamilyvibes) with a picture of your rendition of these yummy treats. I would love to hear how you like them.