I absolutely love this recipe. It is so easy to make and so delicious.
I was literally was craving a tuna melt so I made one. I just put my 90-second bread with cheese and tuna and it turned out amazing! I will definitely keep this on my menu. It is so worth it. Here is what you will need.
1 1/2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp sifted almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tin of chunk light tuna in water ( drained)
2 tbsp of mayo
1 tsp gludens spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 sandwich slices of mozzarella cheese or cheese of your choice
salt and pepper to taste
- in a “bread shaped” container add the 1 tbsp butter and pop in the microwave and melt for about 10 to 15 seconds or until melted. Remove and let sit for about 2 to 3 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and mix to combine. Add in the egg and whisk until combined well. Pop in the microwave in the same container and cook for about 90 seconds or just until the center is set. if it is not done at the 90-second mark you can pop it back in for 30 more seconds.
- Remove from the bowl and put the bread on a paper towel to cool.
- While that is cooling you can go ahead a make your tuna. You can make this however you like but this is how I make it.
- In a bowl combine the tuna, mayo, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Now that your bread is cool, take a sharp knife and slice the bread flat down the middle to make two slices of bread. I just hold my hand on the top part of the bread and carefully and gently slice down the middle. Be careful not to cut your hand.
- Now that the bread is sliced you can assemble your tuna melt. I place one slice of cheese on one slice of bread and layer on some of the tuna mixture. NOTE I do not use all of the tuna. I place the other bit in a container in the fridge.
- Spread out your tuna mixture evenly over the top and place the other bit of cheese on top followed by the other slice of bread.
- Now, Heat up a skillet over medium heat and add in the remaining butter. Let this melt completely. Add in your tuna sandwich and allow to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown before carefully flipping to the other side. Let the other side cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until brown. Remove from the pan to a plate and serve.
- I love serving this as either a lunch or dinner. It works as either.
- I love serving this with quest chips on the side. It is a quick, delicious and filling meal.
- You can use whatever cheese you like, you can make the tuna however you like with whatever ingredients you like. I always switch up seasonings in the tuna to alter the flavor a bit every time I make it. I often add in jalapenos for a bit of a bite or red pepper flakes for a hint of heat.
- The kitchen is your place and add in or omit whatever you want and you do you!