Sitting in my living room watching my husband and daughter tackle a cake in the kitchen. They have the kitchen aide out, bowls, spoons, eggs, oils, and a boxed cake mix. lol. I thought well, I’m going to have to clean that up. lol.
As they mix, bake, and frost the cake and sit down with a glass of milk beside me and start eating the cake I am thinking to my self… Ugh, ya’ll are so mean.. lol. You know I can not have that. So……
I get up, head to the kitchen and bring out all of my keto baking products. I mix and blend and sit and think then add something else to this or that. I finally get done and have these cupcakes.
They are slightly sweet, moist, fluffy and the frosting is so good and creamy.
I finally sit down to enjoy my cupcake. I feel like I’m no longer left out of the “mix” and I can actually make these for the holidays. Plus I can tweek the batter and make other cupcakes as well. Awesome! I feel accomplished. lol
Here are the ingredients.
FOR THE BATTER
1/4 cup butter melted and cooled
3 eggs room temp
1 tbsp vanilla
3/4 cup almond milk
2 cups of almond flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup stevia
pinch of salt
FOR THE FROSTING
1/4 cup butter room temp
4 oz cream cheese room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup powdered stevia
1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
DIRECTIONS: for the batter
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- In a bowl combine the butter, eggs, vanilla, milk, and stevia. Whisk until combined well.
- Using a sifter sift the almond flour into your egg mixture and add the baking powder and salt. Whisk until well combined. Let this mixture sit for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, line a muffin tin with liners or use a silicone muffin mold.
- Now that your batter is ready you can now evenly distribute the batter into 12 muffin molds. If you use a silicone mold place them on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cupcakes in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle of the cupcake.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
FOR THE FROSTING:
- In a bowl whisk together the butter, cream cheese, vanilla, stevia and whipping cream until well combined and there are no lumps in the frosting. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes. Whisk again before frosting your cupcakes.
- Place 1 to 2 tbsp of the frosting on each cupcake and then spread out evenly over the top of the cupcakes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
FOR 1 SERVING = 1 cupcake
5.6 net carbs
8.3 total carbs
2.7 g fiber
21.8 g fat
6.2 g protein
0.4 glycemic load