This recipe is great for those who miss pasta. This was one of the dishes that I would always order when going out to a restaurant. It was always good and never failed. So I learned to recreate it at home so I could make it at home with better ingredients and I knew what was going in my food. I am so glad that I did because this is a staple in our home. It is delicious and so easy to make. Here is what you will need.
2 spaghetti squash, halved and deseeded
1 bag of shrimp, I used the raw, peeled and deveined
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
FOR THE SAUCE:
1/3 cup stock, I used chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup or 2 oz cream cheese, room temp
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400* and place your spaghetti squash on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Lightly coat the squash with olive oil or coconut oil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Place the squash skin side up on the sheet pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the squash is cooked through. Remove and set aside to cool completely.
- In a pan add your oil and butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic until the onion is tender. Add the shrimp and cook through until the shrimp is slightly pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, stock, cream, parmesan cheese, pepper, salt, and paprika. Whisk until everything is well mixed and lump-free.
- Add the sauce to the pan over medium heat and whisk until the sauce is thickened. This takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp mixture back in and check for seasoning. Let this cook for about 3 to 5 minutes just to warm the shrimp through. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp or it will become rubbery and tough.
- Remove from the heat.
- using a fork, scrape the spaghetti squash until it is all scraped from the sides. Leave the squash in the skin. Spoon over your shrimp alfredo and sauce and serve.
You can serve this with more cheese and top with parsley.
If you are not keto you can pair this with fettucini pasta.
If you are not a fan of shrimp, seafood or just simply can not have it, you can certainly substitute this for chicken or turkey. Either way, it is delicious.