Here is a delicious recipe for cookies. I mixed the idea of chocolate chip with the old feel of peanut butter cookies. These cookies have a crisp outer crust with a chewy middle. The chocolate chips add a boost of creaminess. My family and I adore these cookies. I start making cookies when the summertime starts to fade into fall. The weather is still warm and the nights start to get cool. They make for a delicious dessert. I do have to say that you should tread lightly with these cookies as they are sweet. They are oil-free, egg free and dairy free. A perfect treat for your sweet tooth.
1 cup of peanut butter ( I use a thicker type of peanut butter over the runny type)
3/4 cup of sugar ( you can use plain, coconut or any granulated type)
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of salt (optional)
1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup of plant-based milk
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350*.
- In a mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, vanilla, and sugar and mix well.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and blend well. Make sure there are no lumps from the coconut flour.
- Line a sheet pan with a sil-pat or parchment paper and lightly spray with oil spray.
- Using a scoop or tablespoon scoop out two tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place on the sheet pan and lightly press down. Using a fork gently press the fork into the dough in a cross pattern. If your dough is to wet the marks will not stay in the cookie. this does not mess with the flavor of the cookie what so ever.
- Place the cookies about 2 inches apart and bake in a hot oven for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden crisp and the middle is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before eating.
To store them, place in an airtight container for up to 1 week on the counter or fridge. You can also make these smaller. I often make them bite size so my daughter can take them to school. If you make them smaller please adjust the time you bake them so you do not burn them. The smaller the cookie the less time to bake them. either way, they are absolutely delicious.