1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 pkg spinach, thawed and drained of all water
salt and pepper
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c vegetable broth
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat add the oil, garlic, and onion. Cook for 3 -4 minutes or until tender.
- Add the broth and spinach. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- In a food processor add the spinach mixture, salt, pepper, beans, lemon zest, lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Check for seasoning and add more if needed.
- Pour into a serving bowl and serve with crackers and vegetables.