This is a very simple dish that is perfect for summer.
1 lb penne pasta ( I use spinach or beet pasta)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 c cherry tomatoes, halved
3/4 c peas, thawed
1/2 c vegetable broth
2 tbsp basil leaves, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until tender. About 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Keep 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Over medium heat add a little plain water to the pan and add the asparagus and cook for about 3 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Add the tomatoes and the peas. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until the tomatoes are tender. About 10 -12 minutes or until the tomatoes start to burst and the liquid is reduced by half.
- add the pasta to the mixture and toss to coat. Add the pasta water if the mixture is to dry. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if needed but not an option.
Pour into a serving bowl and serve.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic