2 1/4 flour
2/3 c yellow cornmeal
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 flax eggs ( 2 tbsp flax mixed with 1/4 c water)
3/4 cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 c molasses
3/4 c plant-based milk
3/4 c brown sugar
zest of 1 orange
juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flax eggs, oil and brown sugar. Add the molasses, milk, orange zest, orange juice, and vanilla.
- In two batches add the flour to the wet ingredients and gently mix together.
- Grease and flour either a loaf pan or bundt pan and pour in the batter. Level off.
- Place the pan on a sheet pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place a plate on top of the pan and flip over. Leave the pan upside down on the plate so the cake comes out clean. Should take about 15 minutes. You can also line with parchment paper before baking for easy removal.
- Cut with serrated knife and place on a plate. Top with cocowhip and enjoy.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic