This is a treat that I keep on hand or in my pantry. It is a staple in our house for when we the snack binges. It is simple to make and very good. It is a healthier option for store-bought nut mixes.
1/4 cup aquafaba
4 cups nuts of choice ( I use a mix of almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp ground clove
- Preheat the oven to 350*. In a large bowl beat the aquafaba Until frothy. Add the sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and clove. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the nuts and gently fold together until the nuts are completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat and evenly distribute the nut mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes remove and gently toss. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20-25 minutes or until completely cool. Store in an airtight container.