This is a treat that I keep on hand or in my pantry. It is a staple in our house for when we the snack binges. It is simple to make and very good. It is a healthier option for store-bought nut mixes.
1/4 cup aquafaba
4 cups nuts of choice ( I use a mix of almonds, cashews, walnuts, and pecans)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/8 tsp ground clove
- Preheat the oven to 350*. In a large bowl beat the aquafaba Until frothy. Add the sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and clove. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the nuts and gently fold together until the nuts are completely coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a Silpat and evenly distribute the nut mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes remove and gently toss. Place back in the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20-25 minutes or until completely cool. Store in an airtight container.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic