This is a burger That I make several times during the summer months. It is simply delicious. It is by no means a ” healthy burger”. This is a treat for us. You are going to love this burger as it takes burgers to a whole new level. I serve this burger with a side salad and oil-free fries as this burger is extremely heavy, But it is so good. It is ok to treat your self.
1 onion thinly sliced
1 pkg beyond meat burger patties
Bread of choice ( I use vegan Rye Bread)
1/2 c. vegan mayo
1/2 onion, diced very small or pureed
1/4 c. pimento’s
1 clove garlic, minced fine
1/8 tsp hot sauce of choice
1/2 lb vegan cheddar cheese, grated
- In a large skillet over medium heat add water and the onion. Cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more water if needed to prevent burning or sticking. The onions should become deep golden brown and caramelized. Remove from the heat and store in a bowl. Set aside.
- Grill or pan-fry the beyond meat burgers until they are golden and cooked through.
- In a food processor combine the mayo, onion, pimento, garlic, hot sauce and cheese and pulse until combined and slightly chunky. Remove to a bowl.
- Butter one side of the bread and place in the same large skillet over medium heat. Add some pimento cheese, caramelized onions, and the patty. Add more pimento cheese to the other sliced of bread and place on top of the burger patty. Butter the outside of the bread.
- Cook for two minutes or until golden brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and cut in half. Serve.