This soup is perfect for the cold winter months. It warms you up from the inside out. It is elegant and delicious. You can serve this for date night or whip it up and have it while you’re snuggled under a blanket watching Netflix.
3 tbsp vegan butter
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. celery leaves, chopped
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 bay leaf
1 tsp thyme, chopped
2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp sugar ( I use coconut sugar)
4 c. vegetable broth
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Add the onion, carrot, and garlic. Cook until tender. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the celery leaves, salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme, and crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, sugar, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine well. Bring the soup to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove from heat and carefully pour the mixture into a large bowl. Take about 1/4 of the soup and pour into a blender and in batches blend the soup until completely smooth. Pour back into the pot and return to medium-low heat.
- Cook the soup for another 10 minutes. Ladle into serving bowls and serve. I serve mine with grilled cheese croutons on top or a spoon of cashew sour cream.
Elegant, delicious and a full-bodied flavor.