We Love wings…. Hot wings, Mild Wings, Wings with dry rub, Smoked Wings and Sweet and fruity wings. They are all absolutely delicious. If it was up to my daughter we would eat them pretty much everyday. I often find myself making the same old hot wings. These wings are a breath of fresh air in our home especially when we make the same style of wings. They are sweet, fruity, tangy, slightly crispy, and really delicious. Sometimes I throw in a habanero pepper and give it a little kick. Either way, they are so good. So if you are in a rut in the “Wing Department” then I got you….
4 lbs wings- tips cut and cut them in half or leave whole
1/4 tsp turmeric
salt and pepper
2 cups mango- fresh or frozen- if frozen let them thaw completely
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 425* and line two baking sheets with parchment paper and place a baking rack on top. Spray with oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl combine the wings with salt and pepper. Toss well to coat evenly. Place the wings on the lined trays and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and flip the wings over and bake for 15 more minutes. remove and place in a large bowl. The wings will not be completely cooked through.
- In the meantime, In a blender combine the mango, salt, pepper, honey, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Blend until completely smooth.
- Pour half of the sauce over the wings and toss to coat evenly.
- Place the wings back on to the rack and place back in the oven. Continue to cook for another 20 minutes flipping halfway through and basting the wings with the remaining sauce. Cook until the wings are completely cooked through.
- Remove and serve.
If you have left over sauce you can baste before serving or serve the sauce on the side.