Who says that you can not have bread on the keto lifestyle? Of course, you can! With this easy recipe, you can have bread any time. This is my favorite recipe for bread since I started my new keto journey! I love it. You can flavor it however you want and pair it with so many variations.
This recipe is just a simple grilled cheese. It is so good and it takes no time at all to make it. Let’s get right into the recipe. Remember that you can use this bread recipe for any type of sandwich that you want to make.
2 tbsp butter, melted
3 tbsp almond flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp basil flakes
and cheese of choice
- In a bowl that is microwave safe and Is somewhat similar to a bread shape, Melt your butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- remove and let cool slightly so it does not cook your egg later. When the butter is slightly cool, add in the egg, almond flour, baking powder, and basil. Mix this well so there are no lumps.
- Place the mixture in the microwave for 90 seconds. If the center is not completely cooked place back in the microwave for 60 more seconds or until done and firm.
- Take out of the microwave and remove from the bowl to a plate or napkin to cool.
- When the bread is cool you can carefully cut the bread in half right down the middle with a knife. Be careful not to cut your hands or fingers. It is easier if you lay the bread flat and work your way around until you cut it in half.
- Place a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and let it melt. When the pan is hot and place one of the halves of bread into the pan. Then add on your cheese of choice and as thick as you like. Then place the other half of the bread on top.
- When the underside is browned carefully flip the sandwich over to cook on the other side until browned.
- Remove from the pan and cut in half if you like or in triangles for the kiddos.
You and the kids will love this one. Enjoy!