You know when you are sitting in your comfy chair, In your comfy pajama’s and you get that craving. It is not just any craving… It is a CHEESECAKE craving. You can’t just go to the store and pick up a cheesecake because you don’t really know what is in it, it is filled with sugar and carbs. You don’t want to make a whole cheesecake so you just sit there thumbing through articles of cheesecake this and cheesecake that and you just can’t find that one that looks good. So, you keep thumbing through the pages looking and looking.
Well, guys, I am here to tell you that I have been there. Time and time again. I have tried so many cheesecake recipes that fit into my macros on certain days that I literally gave up. Some were too eggy, some were to thick and tasted more like cream cheese than the real deal, Some were more just the cheesecake batter with no crumb base in site.
I thought to myself, SAM, you have so many recipes for the original cheesecakes with so many variations. From blueberry to limoncello full fat full sugar cheesecakes. Now, I know with the keto diet I CAN NOT have all of those carbs and sugars. So I got out the dessert book that I deliberately hid from myself when I started this diet. LOL. I thumbed through the many pages of cheesecakes. I stared into my pantry hoping things would just make themselves in this case but, no, It didn’t. So at that point, I looked at a recipe of my new york cheesecake. I said well, I can not have this or this or that.
I stared back into my pantry. I grabbed the almond flour, the stevia, and vanilla and headed to the counter. I then proceeded to the fridge. Between the fruit for my daughter and I to snack on ( that i can eat without throwing me out of ketosis) And the veggies that are thrown into the fridge as well. I grabbed the cream cheese… Ugh, 2 oz left. What am I going to do with this? I peered into the fridge and saw that I just bought more cream. YES! Oh, and there are some strawberries. Alas, I can make a strawberry cream cheese something I said to myself.
I grabbed a few bowls from the cabinet. I thought well I don’t want to make a whole big cheesecake so I made two single-serve strawberry cheesecakes. I mixed and whisked and mixed and when I was finally done I said, well, Now I have to try it. I grabbed a ramekin with the cheesecake mix in there and a spoon. I said well, Here goes nothing. I stuck the spoon in the mix down to the bottom of the ramekin. Hmmm, creamy. That is good. Nice crumb to cheesecake ratio. That is awesome. I took a bite of the mixture and that was all it took. It turned out absolutely delicious. It is was so easy to make. And it was so pretty before I took a huge spoonful of the mixture.
It was so good that I immediately took a picture and shared it on Instagram. Now here I am sharing it with you on my blog so you can enjoy it as much as me! Now before I give you the ingredients and the directions I just want to let you know that this makes two servings of cheesecake. You can eat one now, save one for later or just save both for after-dinner dessert for the week. I will also log the macros below the recipe for you guys so you can track your macros.
1/2 Cup of almond flour
1 tbsp Kerry gold butter
4 to 5 tbsp heavy cream
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp stevia
4 strawberries, diced and hulled
- In a microwaveable safe bowl melt your butter for about 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave. Add in the almond flour and 1 tsp stevia and mix well to combine. Divide the crumb mixture into the ramekins evenly. Press down with your fingers to press the crumb mixture into the ramekins. Set those aside for now.
- In another bowl combine the strawberries with the 1 tsp stevia and stir to coat them well. Set them aside for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the heavy cream and cream cheese together until you have no more lumps in your mixture. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes. When there are no more lumps add in the 1 tsp stevia and the vanilla and mix well to incorporate.
- Now divide the batter evenly into the two ramekins and smooth the top evenly.
- Top each ramekin with half of the strawberries.
You can cover both and chill for later or just have one now and chill the other. Either way, they are so good. You can omit the strawberries for other berries or just leave them out entirely. You can add in 2 tsp of cacao powder for a chocolate cheesecake or 1 tsp lemon juice with some zest for lemon cheesecake. So many possibilities.
NOW FOR THE MACROS~
FOR ONE SERVING~ you have 7 net carbs, 426 calories ( depending on which brand of items you use as this may vary from brand to brand) 40 grams of fat, 9 grams of protein, 3.5 grams of fiber
FOR BOTH SERVINGS ~ you have 14 net carbs, 7 grams of fiber, 80 grams of fat, 17 grams of protein and 852 calories
- I do not recommend that you eat both at the same time.
- Don’t forget to add in the macros of each additional item you add to the ingredients or that you take away from the ingredients. This will change the outcome of the entire macro count.
- Save one for later, share one with a friend but do not eat them both at the same time or back to back as this will (depending on your macros for your day) will either get you to hit your macros or make you go over your macros. So please be careful with that.
- All things are good in moderation and you stay in your macros. 🙂
- If you make this please go to your Instagram and tag me at #crewsfamilyvibes so I can see how you make them! I would love to see the pictures.