This recipe Is one that I make all the time. I love it. It is filling yet simple and easy to make. Only a few ingredients and it is very delicious. It is very versatile and easily adaptable to fit a vegan. I love this recipe with eggs or tofu. and I often opt for the vegan version. I will list below how I make the tofu part of the recipe as well as the egg version. So let’s get on to the recipe.
3 cups of fresh spinach
1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 tbsp almond milk
salt and pepper (optional)
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat add 1 tbsp coconut oil and let the pan get hot.
- In the meantime add the sweet potato to a bowl and add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and toss to coat well.
- When the pan is hot add the sweet potato to the pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden and soft. flip and cook again for about 6 to 8 minutes on the other side until both sides are golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl and set aside. In the same pan add the spinach, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and onion powder and place a lid on top to help the spinach steam. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes. When the spinach is steamed, stir together and remove from heat.
- In the meantime in a small bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Over medium heat in a non-stick skillet add the egg mixture and stir with a spoon. allow cooking for a few seconds before stirring again to cook. when the eggs are cooked through remove from the pan. The eggs should just be slightly wet still as the carryover cooking will finish cooking the eggs while you set them aside.
- In a large bowl place the spinach, sweet potato, and eggs.
- Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit. Cut the avocado into either chunks or slices and add to the bowl and sprinkle with the seasoning salt. Serve warm.