This is a super easy recipe and it only takes about 10 minutes or so in your instant-pot. You just throw in your ingredients give it a mix and set it to cook. It turns out so creamy and delicious with awesome flavor.
1 cup of rolled oats
2 cups of water
1/4 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk ( do not use whole milk because it will curdle in the instant pot)
11/2 tsp cinnamon
1 whole apple peeled and cored ( cut into pieces)
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
maple syrup to sweeten
1 tsp vanilla extract
- In the instant pot combine the oats, water, almond milk (or save till the end and pour over finished oats), cinnamon, apple, salt, and vanilla.
- Give the mixture a stir and attach the lid to the instant pot.
- Manually set the instant pot to 6 minutes. Set the release valve to sealing and let the oats cook.
- After the oats have cooked you can let the pressure release naturally or use a long-handled spoon with an oven mitt on and carefully flip the switch to release. When the pressure is released remove the lid.
- Give the oats a stir an spoon into a bowl. serve.
This recipe only serves one to two people depending on the size. You can double or triple the recipe if needed. Hope you enjoy this lovely fall inspire oatmeal. We will be having this on a regular basis this year.