These little muffins are one of our new found favorites. They are super easy to make and very delicious. You have a slightly sweet batter with strawberries and a jam center. It is a new spin on ordinary muffins. You can switch out the strawberries for other fruits and use the same type of jam as you do fruit. Like blueberries with blueberry jam, raspberries with raspberry jam and so on.
1 cup strawberries, diced
3 flax eggs ( 3 tbsp flax meal plus 8 tbsp water
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup oat flour
3 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice
1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water and set aside to gel.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, coconut flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir combine well.
- Add the strawberries and toss to coat the berries well.
- Add the flax egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and the plant-based milk. Stir to just combine making sure to mix all the batter well but do not over mix.
- Line or spray with oil spray a muffin tin. Spoon in the batter halfway up the tin.
- Using a teaspoon spoon out 3/4 tsp of the jam and place in the center of the batter in the tin.
- Place two tbsp of the batter on top of the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool 2 minutes in the pan.
- Carefully remove from the tin and place on a cooling tray to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic