These little muffins are one of our new found favorites. They are super easy to make and very delicious. You have a slightly sweet batter with strawberries and a jam center. It is a new spin on ordinary muffins. You can switch out the strawberries for other fruits and use the same type of jam as you do fruit. Like blueberries with blueberry jam, raspberries with raspberry jam and so on.
1 cup strawberries, diced
3 flax eggs ( 3 tbsp flax meal plus 8 tbsp water
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup oat flour
3 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice
1/2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water and set aside to gel.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, coconut flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir combine well.
- Add the strawberries and toss to coat the berries well.
- Add the flax egg, maple syrup, vanilla, and the plant-based milk. Stir to just combine making sure to mix all the batter well but do not over mix.
- Line or spray with oil spray a muffin tin. Spoon in the batter halfway up the tin.
- Using a teaspoon spoon out 3/4 tsp of the jam and place in the center of the batter in the tin.
- Place two tbsp of the batter on top of the jam.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool 2 minutes in the pan.
- Carefully remove from the tin and place on a cooling tray to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.