Every now and then I like to have a Nice cold iced coffee. In this recipe, I will share with you how I like to make my version of cold brew coffee. It is nice and strong and will not lose its potency when ice or other liquids are added to it. You can add any flavor verity you like to this cold brew and it will keep the nice coffee flavor.
2 cups any variety coffee beans ( I use regular fair trade coffee beans)
10 to 12 cups hot water
large pitcher for brewing
nut milk bag or cheesecloth
A large pitcher with lid for storing
coffee grinder or food processor
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, grind the coffee beans to medium grind. Pour the coffee into a large pitcher.
- Add the 10 to 12 cups of hot filtered water according to how strong you like your cold brew.
- Place a towel over the top and allow to come to room temperature.
- Place in the fridge overnight. Minimum of 8 hours up to 12 hours.
- When ready pour the cold brew coffee through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth into the larger pitcher and squeeze out all the liquid as best as you can.
- Cover the cold brew with a lid and place back in the fridge.
At this point, you can use the cold brew as you wish. Pour a small amount of the cold brew into a glass with ice, sweeten as desired and top with any flavor you like or leave plain and top with your favorite plant-based milk. Stir and enjoy!
Check out the simple syrup recipe for an easy way to sweeten your cold brew without fighting with sugar to melt in an ice cold coffee. The recipe will be located here in the drinks section of my blog.