8 button mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, sliced
3/4 cup water
1 tbsp vegan beef flavored bouillon
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tsp parsley
1 cup loosely packed spinach
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp tapioca flour
salt and pepper
- In a cup combine the 3/4 cup water and bouillon, set aside.
- In a small cup combine the 1/4 cup water and tapioca flour and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the onion and sautee in a little bit of water. Cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook about 3 minutes. Add the broth, spinach, and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid and allow to steam for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking and burning.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir. Stir in the tapioca flour mixture and stir into the mix. Allow to cook 2 minutes or until thick.
- Check for seasoning and adjust to taste.
Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
This is a very simple dish but delicious in its self. It’s very filling and warming.