I love spring rolls. They are so easy to make and you can use whatever you have in your pantry to make them and they always turn out delicious. In this recipe, I share with you a super easy spring roll recipe along with an easy to make peanut sauce that packs a lot of flavors. I often have this for lunch while I am working or when I am too lazy to actually make a big meal. It fills you up and keeps you full and there is no cooking required. How easy is that?
You can make as many spring rolls as you like and the sauce keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. They are travel-friendly and keep well. When traveling wrap your spring rolls in either lettuce leaves or kale leaves to prevent them from sticking together. They are a pain to pull apart when they stick together and you end up losing all of the fillings.
Ok, here we go.
Rice paper rolls ( any size will work and as many as you fill like eating)
1 pkg rice noodles, ( they usually come in three, I use 1 portion)
3 tbsp peanut butter or 2 tbsp peanut butter powder
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos or soy sauce
1/4 tsp ground ginger or 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, grated
- combine all of the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl or jar and mix well. Let refrigerate while you make your wraps.
FOR THE WRAPS:
- In a large bowl add the rice noodles and pour over really hot water until the noodles are completely covered. Let set 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water. place back into the bowl until ready to use.
- In a large bowl pour in some warm water. Take one of the rice paper wraps and quickly immerse the wrap into the water for about 5 to 7 seconds. Lay the wrap on to a plate and add in a little of the rice noodles, the broccoli slaw, and a few leaves of spinach.
- take the sides of the wrap and fold over the ends and grab the top of the wrap and fold over the filling and sides and roll as tightly as you can without taking the wrap. place on a lightly oiled plate.
- add the sauce on the side and you have a delicious and healthy lunch.