This is my go-to cream sauce recipe. I pair this with pasta, vegan bbq jackfruit, Salads, and anything your heart desires to pair with this. It is creamy, delicious, slightly tangy with a sweet hint of the cashews. It is just a delectable cream sauce.
I make this on a regular basis for any type of cream based dishes such as vegan stroganoff or pasta with spinach with cream sauce. I also use this as a sauce for my vegan bbq jackfruit. It pairs really well with bbq sauce.
1 cup cashews
2 cups hot water
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
1 cup water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- In a small bowl combine the cashews and hot water. Allow this to sit for about 30 minutes to overnight. Minimum of 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- In a blender add the cashews, 1 cup water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and nutritional yeast.
- Pop the top on the blender and turn the blender on low to start the blending process. When the mixture is starting to blend together turn the blender up to med/high and blend until smooth and creamy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight container and chill in the fridge. This will last about 1 week in the fridge.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic