This is my go-to cream sauce recipe. I pair this with pasta, vegan bbq jackfruit, Salads, and anything your heart desires to pair with this. It is creamy, delicious, slightly tangy with a sweet hint of the cashews. It is just a delectable cream sauce.
I make this on a regular basis for any type of cream based dishes such as vegan stroganoff or pasta with spinach with cream sauce. I also use this as a sauce for my vegan bbq jackfruit. It pairs really well with bbq sauce.
1 cup cashews
2 cups hot water
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
salt to taste (about 1/2 tsp)
1 cup water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- In a small bowl combine the cashews and hot water. Allow this to sit for about 30 minutes to overnight. Minimum of 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the cashews well.
- In a blender add the cashews, 1 cup water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and nutritional yeast.
- Pop the top on the blender and turn the blender on low to start the blending process. When the mixture is starting to blend together turn the blender up to med/high and blend until smooth and creamy. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour into an airtight container and chill in the fridge. This will last about 1 week in the fridge.