These little bites of heaven I serve for appetizers on game days or during the holidays. They are absolutely Devine. You can easily adapt this recipe to make more if serving a large crowd. They have a slightly roasted flavor paired with the salt and cocoa powder makes a delicious snack.
1 cup unsalted almonds
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp pink salt
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350*.
- Line a baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper and spread the almonds out on the pan. Bake the almonds for about 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly roasted and they have a slight golden color. Remove and allow to cool.
- Sift the cocoa powder and salt through a sieve into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan combine the maple syrup and vanilla and warm through. Do not boil. When the mixture is warmed through add the almonds and toss to coat evenly.
- When the almonds are completely coated with mixture turn off the heat and pour the almonds into the bowl with the cocoa powder and quickly toss to coat evenly. When all the almonds are coated pour back onto the cookie sheet and allow to cool.
- When the almonds are cool you can store them in an airtight container until ready to serve.