I make this burger recipe a lot during the summer season. They are so moist and delicious. The flavors of these burgers are so good. Although my husband is not a plant-based eater he does enjoy these burgers.
They are easy to make, You just throw everything into the food processor and blend until slightly smooth leaving some chunks for texture.
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup water
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 bell pepper (seeded and diced)
1/2 onion (diced)
- Preheat your oven to 375*.
- Drain and rinse both cans of beans and add to the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything comes together to make a slightly chunky dough.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Place a Silpat or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Roll the mixture into balls and flatten to make patties. I make about a 1-inch thick patty about 3 to 4 inches wide. place the patties on the lined cookie sheet about 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently flip the patties over and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
You can serve these as burgers on Buns with lettuce and tomato or you can serve these over rice with lettuce as a bowl. Either way, they are really good.