I make this burger recipe a lot during the summer season. They are so moist and delicious. The flavors of these burgers are so good. Although my husband is not a plant-based eater he does enjoy these burgers.
They are easy to make, You just throw everything into the food processor and blend until slightly smooth leaving some chunks for texture.
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup water
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 bell pepper (seeded and diced)
1/2 onion (diced)
- Preheat your oven to 375*.
- Drain and rinse both cans of beans and add to the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until everything comes together to make a slightly chunky dough.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Place a Silpat or parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Roll the mixture into balls and flatten to make patties. I make about a 1-inch thick patty about 3 to 4 inches wide. place the patties on the lined cookie sheet about 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently flip the patties over and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
You can serve these as burgers on Buns with lettuce and tomato or you can serve these over rice with lettuce as a bowl. Either way, they are really good.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic