This pasta dish is a great dish to serve during the cold winter months. It is creamy and delicious. The flavors pair really well together and, is travel-friendly so you can take this dish with you to work or school. With a few steps, you will have a delicious and creamy meal ready to serve.
1 lb pasta ( you can use any pasta you like)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 3/4 tomato sauce (unflavored)
1/2 cup plant-based milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp sugar (any kind)
1/2 cup crumbled tofu or chopped mushrooms
1 cup spinach chopped
- Boil the pasta until cooked through and al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot (over medium heat) add a little water and toss in the tofu or mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Add the spinach and add more water if needed. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Remove the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot or skillet add the pumpkin, tomato sauce, milk, the spices, salt, and pepper to taste ( if using) Cook until warmed through and bubbly.
- Add the pasta and the tofu/mushroom mixture and toss to coat well.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve. You can top with chopped fresh parsley or basil.