This pasta dish is a great dish to serve during the cold winter months. It is creamy and delicious. The flavors pair really well together and, is travel-friendly so you can take this dish with you to work or school. With a few steps, you will have a delicious and creamy meal ready to serve.
1 lb pasta ( you can use any pasta you like)
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 3/4 tomato sauce (unflavored)
1/2 cup plant-based milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
3/4 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp sugar (any kind)
1/2 cup crumbled tofu or chopped mushrooms
1 cup spinach chopped
- Boil the pasta until cooked through and al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or pot (over medium heat) add a little water and toss in the tofu or mushrooms and cook until golden.
- Add the spinach and add more water if needed. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Remove the mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot or skillet add the pumpkin, tomato sauce, milk, the spices, salt, and pepper to taste ( if using) Cook until warmed through and bubbly.
- Add the pasta and the tofu/mushroom mixture and toss to coat well.
- Pour into a serving dish and serve. You can top with chopped fresh parsley or basil.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic