This recipe I posted on my blog not that long ago.
This vegan variation of the traditional Banana Bread is not much different than the original, except for the fact that it’s dairy free and egg free. It is just as good if not better, and better for you. It has good ingredients and although it is not oil free it has healthy fats in it. It is super delicious.
4 bananas smashed
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- In a small bowl combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, sugar, apple cider vinegar, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk together until just combined. Do not over mix as you will produce too much gluten and it will make the cake tough.
- Let the batter set a while you grease a loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
When ready to serve remove from the pan and cut into slices. If you want to make this gluten free you can. just add gluten free flour in replace of the regular flour and add about 2 tbsp xantham gum to the dry ingredients. This will help it rise like it has gluten in the flour.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic