This recipe I posted on my blog not that long ago.
This vegan variation of the traditional Banana Bread is not much different than the original, except for the fact that it’s dairy free and egg free. It is just as good if not better, and better for you. It has good ingredients and although it is not oil free it has healthy fats in it. It is super delicious.
4 bananas smashed
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 350*
- In a small bowl combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the mashed banana, sugar, apple cider vinegar, melted coconut oil, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk together until just combined. Do not over mix as you will produce too much gluten and it will make the cake tough.
- Let the batter set a while you grease a loaf pan. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before removing from the loaf pan.
When ready to serve remove from the pan and cut into slices. If you want to make this gluten free you can. just add gluten free flour in replace of the regular flour and add about 2 tbsp xantham gum to the dry ingredients. This will help it rise like it has gluten in the flour.