when it comes to desserts and sweets, I like to play around until I get the right recipe. I want them to be the best I can create. If it is not good enough for me then, I like to think it is not good enough for my blog or viewers.
I took two weeks playing with different ingredients, flours, milk, and consistency to make the perfect vegan brownie. I finally created this recipe. It is soft, fluffy, moist, perfectly sweet and so delicious. You are going to definitely fool those picky non-vegan eaters out there. They will not detect that it is vegan. This recipe is tested and approved by my family and friends and is now given to you to enjoy.
5 tbsp flax seed
14 tbsp water
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup paleo flour ( you can find in any health food or big grocery store)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp pink salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp instant coffee granules
3/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 375*
- In a large bowl combine the flax and water and stir. Let stand for 15 minutes to gel up.
- In a bowl combine both of the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In the bowl with the flax mixture combine the oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, coffee granules, maple syrup and milk and whisk until well combined and the coffee granules are melted into the mixture.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and whisk until just combined. Set aside.
- Lightly grease an 8×8 inch baking dish and line with parchment paper for easy removal after baking.
- Add the walnuts and mix together with a rubber spatula. Pour into the baking dish and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the batter is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to set for 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Allow them to cool completely on a wire rack. When completely cool cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
These brownies are absolutely amazing. You can omit the walnuts and add in pecans or other nuts of choice, vegan chocolate candies, Chocolate chips, coconut flakes, you can frost them, drizzle in vegan caramel sauce or vegan chocolate sauce before or after baking. I’ve tried them all with this recipe and they are all so very delicious. This recipe is so adaptable to anything you want to try and pairs well with anything. If you do not want the hint of coffee you can omit it and it will be just as good.
One thought on “Vegan Chocolate Brownies With Walnuts”
I always was interested in this subject and still am, regards for putting up.