This is the most simple, Easy, delicious and a super fresh recipe. It is wholesome, filling and versatile. A fresh fruit cereal bowl is widely known in the vegan/vegetarian community and is a staple of raw vegan dishes. With fresh fruit, the sky is the limit on this dish. You can pair anything with anything. I love pairing (which is what is pictured) granny smith apples, banana’s, strawberries and granola. I will list down below some variations that I also enjoy with this cereal bowl as well. I hope you enjoy this simple little recipe and I hope you dabble in creating your own creation with this recipe.
FOR THE GRANOLA:
2 tbsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp sliced Almonds
2 tbsp Pepitas
1 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- Over medium heat melt the coconut oil. Add the almonds, pepitas, and hemp seeds and toast until golden brown. It takes about 2 minutes or so.
1/2 cup Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Coconut Flakes
1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
1 tsp Cinnamon
a pinch of Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2. Mix until well combined and cook while stirring constantly, about 3 minutes or so or until the mixture becomes slightly browned. Do not cook too long because it will burn rather quickly. When the mixture turns brown remove from heat to a napkin or parchment paper to cool.
FOR THE FRUIT:
1 Granny Smith apple ( or any apple of choice) Chopped into small cubes
1 Banana halved and sliced into small pieces
3-4 Strawberries (tops removed) Halved and sliced into small pieces
FOR THE MILK:
1/2 cup Rice milk (or milk of choice)
1 tsp Maple Syrup
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
Mix until well combined.
- In a bowl place your apple, banana, and strawberries and top with your cooled granola. You can keep the remaining granola in a container in the fridge up to 2-3- weeks.
- Pour over your Maple Milk and enjoy!
It is super filling and slightly sweet from the fruit and maple syrup. It has a fantastic crunch from the granola. You are sure to make this time and time again.
Here are some variations that I often mix and match according to which fruit I want along with some variations of milk as well to go along with it.
- Blueberries, Blackberries, and papaya.
- Mango, Papaya, and Kiwi.
- Kiwi, Starfruit, Mango, and passionfruit.
- Blueberries, Orange, Pineapple, and grapes.
- Pear, Strawberries, and Mango.
- Cherries, Peaches, and Apricots.
- Figs, Kiwi, Raspberries, and Coconut.
- Lychee, Persimmon, Pitaya, and Mango
- Papaya, Blackberry, Coconut, and Pomegranate.
The sky is the limit with fresh fruit combinations.
Here are a few variations of add-in ingredients you can put into your milk to spruce it up.
- Maple and Cinnamon
- Lemon and vanilla
- Pumpkin pie and Maple
- Lemon and Maple
- Ginger and turmeric
- Vanilla and turmeric
- cinnamon and nutmeg
- ginger and nutmeg
- cinnamon and ginger
- lemon and ginger
As with any of the spices you can adapt to your taste and liking. Don’t be afraid to venture into the unknown with your ingredients with this cereal bowl. You can create anything with it. I also use the variations of milk above to add to my oats as well. It keeps in the fridge really well also. I add it to my morning coffee also. You can make a little or a lot. It is completely up to you.
I hope you give this one a try and like I said you will love it. Vegan/vegetarian doesn’t have to be boring. This is one way you can get your nutrients and love it.