Waffles…. Who does not like waffles? During the fall I like to make pumpkin spice waffles for the family. These waffles are soft, moist and so light and fluffy. They are sure to please everyone.
With fall in the air, the smell of pumpkin billowing in your home during the morning hours is a relaxing feel of the awaiting fall season that is upon us.
2 cups Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp baking Soda
Pinch of salt (optional)
1 tbsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup Almond milk or other plant-based milk of choice
Flax Egg ( 1 tbsp Flax with 3 tbsp Water – let soak 10 minutes)
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree ( 100% pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt if you are using Salt. Whisk well until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the Lemon juice or Vinegar, Almond milk, Flax egg, Vanilla, Maple Syrup and the Pumpkin Puree. Whisk until almost all the lumps are gone.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and using a spoon stir the mixture until combined leaving a few lumps in the batter. Doing this ensures that the batter is light and fluffy and not tough. Set the batter aside.
- Turn on your waffle iron and let the iron get hot. about 5 minutes or so. If you have a non stick iron you do not need to spray the iron but, if so, Spray your iron with a little of olive oil or oil of choice.
- When the waffle iron is hot spoon some of the batter on to the iron evenly and close the lid. Let the waffles cook for about 5 minutes. When done lift the lid and slide from the iron to a plate. Top your waffles as desired. I topped mine with homemade chocolate sauce, maple syrup and coconut flakes.
Give this recipe a try, And let me know what you think. I love reading your comments and i will be posting a picture of these on my Instagram as well. I will have more recipes coming your way soon.
Be sure to check out http://www.snackhabit.com and use the code sam_0999 for 20% off of your first subscription. They have really awesome snacks to choose from and you get them delivered right to your door every month. Also, Check out my Instagram @scarlettandkris and find even more recipes that are not on my blog.