This is a delicious drink to kick off the fall. It is easy to make. simple ingredients. Vegan/vegetarian and even non vegans will love this drink. You can replace the coffee in this drink with any type of tea you like such as chai or any other type of strong brew. you can have this latte hot or cold. it is good either way. So, let’s get started.
What you will need is:
1 cup any plant-based milk you choose. I used unsweetened almond milk.
3 tbsp 100% pure pumpkin. ( do not use pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 cup coffee, decaf coffee, chai or any strong brew tea.
- brew your coffee or tea and set aside.
- In a small sauce pan combine the milk, maple syrup and pumpkin. whisk until well combined. Turn heat on to medium low and let the mixture come to a slow ripple boil but do not boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand about 2 minutes to slightly cool.
- In a blender combine the milk mixture and the coffee or tea, and the pumpkin pie spice and add the lid. Carefully start your blender on low and then to medium. please be careful doing this as hot liquids expand in the blender or processor. let the blender run for about 1-2 minutes to create a foam on top of the latte.
- Pour the hot mixture into a mug of choice and you can top with a chocolate drizzle as I did or you can add coco whip or topping of choice.
- To store the rest of the liquid you can pour into a mason jar and add the lid and store in the refrigerator. You can heat this up later or pour over ice later.
How ever you dress this wonderful drink up or serve it hot or cold, it is a pumpkin spice lover’s indulgence. during the fall I keep this drink chilled in the fridge during the week and i can pull it out whenever i want and heat up or pour over ice and take it to work with me. i serve this to my family as i exclude the coffee and change it for tea for the youngsters. they love this drink.
please be sure to check out snackhabit.com and use the code sam_0999 for a 20% of subscription. they have great snack options that you can have delivered right to your door.
I am sorry about the blurriness of this picture but my lights were somewhat off and my camera just did not want to act right.