Everyone loves an easy throw-together meal and this recipe for “Ravioli Lasagna” is one recipe that I keep on hand for busy days. I can just make a quick meat sauce, layer everything together, and bake it off. I add a side salad to make a complete meal and dinner is on the table in about 30 minutes.
I love having quick or easy meals in my collection for busy days. I know that I can make a good and filling meal for my family that is not only easy but also very delicious.
Let me show you how I make my Ravioli Lasagna.
1 lb. Ground beef ( or turkey or chicken)
1 Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce ( I use Michael Algello’s tomato basil)
1 Pkg. Frozen ravioli ( any flavor you like) Thawed
1 1/2 C. Mozzarella Cheese – shredded
1 C. Ricotta cheese – optional
Salt and pepper – to taste
1 Clove minced garlic
2 C. Fresh spinach
1/2 Tsp. Basil
1/2 Tsp. Dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400* and grease a 9×9 in or a 9×13 in baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat add the ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Cook until the meat is cooked through. About 8 to 10 minutes. Discard any excess grease from the beef if any is in the pan.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for 1 minute or until the spinach is wilted slightly.
- Add the spaghetti sauce and stir to combine. Heat through for about 5 minutes.
- Add a bit of the sauce to the bottom of your prepared baking dish. Layer in this order. 1/2 of the ravioli, meat sauce, ricotta cheese, and 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese. Once the first layer is complete do the exact same layer again to make 2 layers.
- Once the ravioli lasagna is assembled spray the dull side of a piece of aluminum foil with oil spray and cover the lasagna with the foil dull side down. Place the dish on a sheet tray to prevent spillage in your oven.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Remove the foil and place back in the oven and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- I like to serve this with a side salad and a vinaigrette but you can serve this however you choose. I find that the salad helps to cut down on the richness of the ravioli lasagna and kind of lightens it up a bit.
- A side of crusty bread will go great with this for dipping in the extra sauce.
2 thoughts on “Ravioli Lasagna”
This recipe for Ravioli Lasagna looks absolutely delicious and easy to make. Perfect for a busy day! Thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you. It is very easy and is my daughter’s favorite. Typically I use cheese Ravioli but any will work.