Tzatziki is a versatile sauce. It is a Mediterranean-style sauce/dip so it pairs well with a lot of Mediterranean dishes. It is very simple and yet so full of flavor. It is also very easy to make. I love making this and keeping it on hand. I add it to a lot of meals as a sauce or dip. It goes with a ton of things. Fries? yes. Burgers? yes. Nachos? yes. It adds a cool fresh flavor to any dish, especially Mediterranean dishes.
With a few simple ingredients, you have a dip/sauce that is full of wonderful flavor. Let me share with you how I make my Tzatziki.
3/4 (or 1 small) cucumber – partially peeled. Leave some of the skin on for added texture and flavor.
1 tsp salt
4 cloves garlic – grated
1 tsp white distilled vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups plain greek style yogurt
1/4 tsp white pepper
- Grate or process the cucumber with either a handheld grater or a food processor. Add the cucumber to a bowl and add 1/2 tsp of salt. Mix to combine and add to either a mesh sieve or cheesecloth over a strainer. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes discard the liquid that seeps from the cucumber. Squeeze out the remaining liquid from the cucumber with either a cheesecloth or a lint-free kitchen tea towel. Add the cucumber back to the bowl.
- Add the garlic, remaining salt, pepper, vinegar, and oil. Mix to combine well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste. Cover with plastic wrap or place in a bowl and attach a lid. Chill for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Stir before serving and top with a tablespoon or so of olive oil to the top. Serve with any dish you prefer.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic