I love going to Olive Garden with the family on occasion. I typically get the asiago tort with chicken or the stuffed shells. When we have our favorites we tend to stick to them. We like what we like…Right?
We do not go out to eat often. I tend to try to make copycat recipes at home that way we can save some money and have a decadent dinner or dessert in the comfort of our home. This recipe for tortellini with chicken is super easy to throw together with the exception of homemade alfredo sauce. Let me show you how easy it is to make.
Homemade alfredo sauce (see alfredo recipe on the blog)
1 pkg cheese lovers tortellini ( I use ranas)
2 chicken breasts – cut in half width-wise to make 4 even pieces)
2 tbsp olive oil
Honey garlic BBQ rub ( I use the fire and smoke brand)
Salt and pepper – to taste
- Season each side of the chicken with the BBQ rub, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Start your alfredo sauce according to the directions on the recipe.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- In the meantime cook your pasta once the water is boiling. You can cover the pot of water with a lid to help bring it to a boil quicker. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Drain and add the tortellini to the prepared alfredo sauce and toss to coat well.
- Once the chicken is done remove it from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Place your tortellini alfredo on a plate and top with the chicken.
- Serve as desired.
- If you do not want to make your own alfredo sauce you can most certainly use storebought.
- Top with parmesan cheese (grated) and parsley.
- Serve with breadsticks or a side salad.
- This is a super easy meal but it is so good. Did I mention it was super easy to make?
- If you do not want to use cheese tortellini, you can use whatever style or flavor of ravioli or tortellini you like or prefer.
- You can sub out the parmesan cheese for asiago cheese. Both work well and are equally delicious.