I love cooking things in my instant pot. It is convenient, easy, and quick. I highly recommend one if you do not have an instant pot yet. You will thank me later. lol. It is just as easy as a slow cooker.
Anyway.. silliness aside… let me share with you a super easy and delicious side dish that is super easy to make.
let’s get started.
2 tbsp butter
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 cup rice ( I use jasmine)
1/2 cup water or chicken broth
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp dried parsley ( or fresh)
salt and pepper – to taste
1/4 cup parmesan cheese – grated
- Turn the instant pot to the saute function and let the instant pot warm up. It will notify you when it is ready to go.
- Add the butter and garlic and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add the rice, water, milk, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Turn the saute function off and attach the lid. Set to sealing. Hit the rice setting and let it cook for recommended time per function.
- Let the instant pot naturally release pressure.
- Remove the lid carefully and you can either add the cheese now or remove the rice to a bowl and then add the cheese. How you want to do this step is up to you. Add the cheese and stir to combine with a fork. This will help fluff the rice and prevent it from getting too clumpy.
- Serve as desired.
- See how super easy that was. I love my instant pot. lol.
- You can use whatever style of rice you like. If you use wild rice or brown rice make sure to use the appropriate rice function for that style of rice. Or you can cook wild rice in a manual setting for 30 minutes under high pressure. Brown rice will cook for about 20 minutes on the manual setting under high pressure. Let them both naturally release pressure before removing the lid.
- The water or broth ratio to rice is 1:1 ratio. If you are cooking stove top the ratio will be different than the ratio of the instant pot.
Brown rice ratio on the stovetop: Rice 1 cup to water or broth is 1 3/4 cups.
Wild Rice ratio on the stovetop: Wild rice 1 cup to water or broth is 4 cups.
White rice ratio on the stovetop: White rice 1 cup to 2 cups water or broth.
Jasmine rice ratio on the stovetop: Jasmine rice 1 cup to 1 1/4 cup to 1 1/2 cups water or broth.
Combine on the stovetop and stir. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer. Cover and let cook for the allotted time. Turn the heat off and let stand 10 to 15 minutes without disturbing the rice or removing the lid. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Add the cheese and mix together with the fork. Serve as desired.
- No picture is available.