We LOVE crockpot/slowcooker recipes. They are so easy and you just chuck them in the slowcooker and go on about your business for a while. Who could ask for such a better/easier meal?
Now, When it comes to roasts in the slowcooker, you have to set out the time to let it cook. Roasts take time. They need the time to get tender and fall apart delicious. When I plan on cooking a roast in the slowcooker I begin in the morning. That way I can let it slow cook all day and get super delicious.
This recipe is one of our favorites and it is so easy. So, let’s get started.
1 pkg Ranch Powder
1 pkg Brown Gravy
1 pkg Onion Soup Mix
Salt And Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2 Cloves Garlic – minced
1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
1 Roast (I use chuck roast)
1 Onion – diced
3 Carrots – diced 1-inch pieces
3 Stalk Of Celery – diced 1-inch pieces
1/2 to 1 Stick Of Butter
- Spray the crockpot with a bit of oil spray.
- Add the onion, carrots, and celery to the bottom of the slowcooker.
- Place the roast on the top and add the ranch powder, brown gravy, onion soup mix, salt, pepper, garlic powder, garlic cloves, and beef broth.
- Place the butter on top and place the lid on. Cook on low for about 8 to 10 hours or on high for about 6 to 8 hours. The meat should be tender and you should easily shred it with a fork. If it is still to tough, it needs more time to cook.
- Once the meat is tender to your liking, shred it into pieces and stir into the sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or any side of your choosing.