When it comes to spring and summertime dishes, we all know and love pasta dishes. This is one of our favorites to have either as a side dish or as a lunch. It is so good and super simple to make.
I know everyone has their own way of making this dish in particular so, I am going to show you how we make our macaroni salad.
8oz elbow macaroni pasta
1 1/2 cup (give or take) Mayo
1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar ( plain will do)
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 1/2 tsp sugar or honey
salt and pepper to taste
2 stalks of celery – diced
1 bell pepper – diced
1/2 onion – diced
2 tsp parsley (fresh or dried)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat. Add about 1 tbsp or so of salt. Stir and add in your pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In the meantime, to a bowl add in your remaining ingredients and stir to combine well. Adjust the taste as you like and add in your pasta.
- Toss the pasta to coat and cover with a bit of plastic wrap or a tight fitting lid. Place in the fridge for 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Stir before serving.
- You can add what ever you would like to this. Here are some things that we put in it on occasion.
- Tuna, tomatoes, olives, pickles, green onion, red pepper flakes, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, banana pepper, jalapenos, radish, toasted unsalted pecans or walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, and slivered almonds.
- You can serve this as is or you can chill any length of time before serving.
- You can add as much or as little of the mayo or any form of mayo you prefer.
- Add some fresh dill, parsley, or cilantro to brighten this dish up even more.
- This goes really well for a BBQ, a family get together or any get together for that matter.
- Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of your favorite ranch dressing for a different flavor. So good.