Who does not love a good crockpot meal? They are so easy and you just basically put everything in the crockpot, set it and forget it. A few hours later you have a tasty meal ready for you and your family. Who would not like that? I know I do. This October 2021 is “Croktober” and it kicks off my crockpot month on my channel. So, if you want to see what I am making this month then head on over and subscribe. I will continue to make some crockpot meals during the entire fall/winter months as well but, October is solely dedicated to the ever fabulous crockpot/slowcooker. Yum!!!
Now, This recipe is not my recipe and I have no clue where it originated from. I am going to share with you how I make it. Whomever created the original recipe…. Thank you.
Now, Let’s get right to it.
1 can (regular size) Cream Of Chicken Soup
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1 pkt either Chicken Gravy OR Brown Gravy ( I use either)
2 Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless)
1 cup Water
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- Spray or line your crockpot with oil or a crockpot liner.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- In a bowl combine the chicken soup, Chicken/brown gravy packet, water, garlic powder, onion powder, and poultry seasoning. Whisk until smooth and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 3 to 4 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Place back in the crockpot to soak up all those delicious flavors. Give it a stir.
- Serve as desired.
- I like to serve this over mashed potatoes and a side of veggies.
- I always have brown gravy packets in my pantry so I usually make this with brown gravy. You can use either chicken gravy or brown gravy. They both work well.
- Keep an eye on your chicken and shred the chicken when it is tender. Do not over cook the chicken because it will dry out. Yes, even in the crockpot chicken will dry out, especially chicken breasts.
- If you do not like cream of chicken soup try: Cream of celery or cream of mushroom. They will add a different flavor to the dish but will be just as delicious.