It is crockpot season y’all and I could not be more excited. I have tons of delicious crockpot meals heading your way. Most of my crockpot meals I have acquired from either my mom or my sister over the years and I have adapted most of them to my/our taste and they are so delish! I love everything crockpot. I find that no one can have to many crockpot recipes. You can check out my video on my channel to see just how I make this.
Any way, Let’s get to it!
1 small pkg Tortellini Pasta (of choice) or a half a bag of the larger pkg
1 jar Alfredo Sauce ( of choice)
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese- grated
2 to 3 cups Spinach
3 cloves Garlic- minced
1 pkg Italian Chicken Sausage – sliced ( I use primitive foods paleo sausage)
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 Onion – diced
1/4 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes – roughly chopped
1/2 cup Chicken Broth ( more if needed)
- Combine all of your ingredients in the crockpot and give it a stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. I would check the pasta and sausage about halfway through to see if they are fully cooked and the pasta is tender. If you need more liquid add in about 1/2 cup of chicken broth to thin it out a bit. If the pasta is not cooked through replace the lid and cook an additional 1 hour or until the pasta is tender and the sausage is cooked through.
- Check for seasoning and adjust to taste. The pasta should be a hearty texture. Not to liquidy but not dry. It should have a slightly creamy sauce.
- Plate up or serve right from the crockpot.
- You can add 2 jars of Alfredo sauce if you prefer. I find it to have to much sauce so I tend to just add a bit of chicken broth at the end if I need it to thin out the sauce.
- You can add some sliced mushrooms to this as well.
- Don’t like spinach? try shredded kale. It is super tasty in this recipe as well.
- You can use any style of sausage that is your favorite.
- I tend to use fresh or pre-grated real parmesan cheese in all of my dishes that call for it. I do not like the stuff in the green can. If that is all you have then you use it. It is your kitchen and if you like it, then by all means, you use it.
- Here is the link if you want to check out my video.