If you are looking for a new spin on your taco Tuesday, then try carne asada taco/tortillas. It is so easy and delicious and packs such a wonderful flavor. You can top it however you like or serve it over rice. However you dish this up it is sure to please. I like to top mine with pico de gallo, salsa con queso, avocado, hot sauce, and sour cream. It is so good but you can dress it up or down however you desire.
Let’s get started.
1 can Rotel ( you can use a can of fire roasted tomatoes and a can of green chilies) undrained
1 Onion – Diced in chunks
Juice of 1 lime or lemon
1 pkt of Carne Asada seasoning ( I use kinders brand carne asada seasoning)
Salt And Pepper – to taste
1 Flank Steak
- Spray your crockpot with oil spray or line with a crockpot liner.
- season the underside of the flank steak with salt, pepper, and half of the carne asada seasoning packet. Place the seasoned side down in the crockpot and season the top with salt, pepper, and the other half of the carne asada seasoning.
- Top with the onion, rotel, and the lime/lemon juice. Spread out evenly over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 to 8 hours. Mine took about 7 hours. Yours may vary in cooking time. You can also cook on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the meat is tender and cooked through you can remove it and shred it. Place the meat back into the crockpot to absorb all of the delicious juices.
- Serve as desired.
- You can serve this as tacos or tortillas. You can roll them up in tortilla shells and place them in a dish and cover with a Mexican white sauce or enchilada sauce and cheese. Bake them for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with rice and pico de gallo… So delicious.
- You can add a few peppers for heat such as a diced Jalapeno and cook with the meat.
- Serve with cilantro or parsley to a bit of green and extra flavor.
- You can add this to a salad for a extra bit of flavor. The sky is the limit.
- Maybe try your hand at Carne Asada Nachos. Top with pico de gallo, avocado, refried beans, jalapeños, olives, hot sauce, and sour cream. That would be so good.
- If you want to see exactly how I make this then check out my video. Subscribe while you are there so you don’t miss out on any of my new crockpot recipes or any other recipes. I would love to have you join my youtube family. Here is the link.