Have you ever got all of your cake ingredients out and realized you did not have any cake flour that one specific recipe? Well, I have the most simple recipe for you and it will work just as well.
I came across this recipe many years ago, and I can not take credit for this recipe. I hated spending so much for cake flour so I went on a mission to find an alternative. This is that recipe. I am so excited to share it with you.
Let’s get started.
1 C. flour (125g)
2 TBSP cornstarch
- Per every 1 cup of flour, remove 2 tbsp of flour from that cup and replace it with 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Place in a sifter and sift 5 to 6 times to incorporate it well.
- Use as you would cake flour in any of the recipes that call for cake flour.
- No you can not use self rising.
- No you can not use anything other than cornstarch.
- be sure to sift this mixture at least 5 times to ensure the cornstarch gets well incorporated into the flour.
- Keep track of how many cups you have and replace 2 tbsp flour per cup and replace with 2 tbsp cornstarch. This way if you make a big batch of cake flour you don’t lose track of your cups of flour to cornstarch ratio.
- Keep in an a airtight container as you would regular flour.