The holidays are all about the dessert…Right? Cookies, cakes, candies, hot chocolates, etc… So I am going to share with you one, just one, of my many favorite desserts. YES I have many but, who doesn’t? I have tons of recipes That I have learned over the years and many I came up with through trial and error and a lot of oopsies. This recipe I am sharing with you today is one of my favorite cheesecakes. It is so easy, very few ingredients, and absolutely fabulous. So let’s get into this recipe guys and gals!
1 pkg biscoff lotus cookies – crumbs ( just blend them in your blender or processor until crumbly)
3/4 stick butter – melted
2 pkg cream cheese – room temp
2 pints heavy whipping cream – cold
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp rose water ( I buy mine at our local asian store or you can make your own)
1 cup frozen strawberries ( de-thaw them and smash with a smasher until smooth-ish)
1 1/2 cup sugar ( I use stevia but you can use powdered sugar or sugar of choice)
- In a bowl combine the butter and cookie crumbs and mix well. Press the crumb mixture into a spring form pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime in a bowl combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat with a hand held mixer or stand mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and rose water and blend until well combined.
- Slowly mix in the heavy cream a little at a time until all is incorporated, thick and fluffy. It should take about 5 to 10 minutes or so.
- Remove 1/4 of the mixture to a separate bowl and add the smashed strawberries to the 1/4 mixture and blend until smooth and incorporated. Set aside.
- To your base in the springform pan add half of the plain cream cheese mixture to the pan and smooth out evenly. Add the strawberry mixture on top of that and smooth out evenly. Finally add the remaining plain cheese cake batter to the top and spread out evenly on top as best as you can.
- Cover with cling wrap and chill for several hours or over night to completely set. Remove the cling wrap and remove from the spring form pan before cutting and serving.
*If you want the center to be more pink you can add in food coloring. I suggest using the gel as it will not make the center to liquidy.
* You can also use raspberries in place of strawberries. Use the same amount and just follow the same directions. It is a whole other flavor profile but it is absolutely amazing as well.
* You can serve this after a few hours but it takes a while to set properly but, It will still taste amazing. I am sometimes very impatient and serve it just after a few hours….lol