This recipe is one of my favorites. I love making this dish. It is so good and so tender. It is full of flavor and makes your home smell so delicious. Now this recipe has a step or two but it is so worth it. It does not have a lot of ingredients but it does take a while to make. You have to let this recipe sit and marinate. The cooking time is not long at all. It only takes 1 hour 30 minutes to cook. From start to finish it takes about 3 hours in total from prep to table.
1/2 cup plain white vinegar
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes ( to taste)
1 lb chicken pieces ( legs- thighs- breasts)
2 cups chicken broth
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 bay leaves
- In a bowl or a bag combine the vinegar, 1/2 cup water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Whisk together until combined and the sugar is melted. Add the bay leaves and the chicken and toss to coat evenly. If you are using a bag, press out all of the air before sealing. Place in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a dutch oven combine the chicken, marinade and the chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. When it is boiling lower the temperature down to a low boil and cover with the lid. Cook for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- In a measuring cup combine the 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup flour and whisk to combine well.
- After the hour of cooking, take out the chicken and place on a plate or platter. Remove the bay leaves. Add the flour mixture to the pan with the juices. Whisk until the mixture has thickened. This should not take long. It should only take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Place the chicken back into the pot and cover with the lid. Let this cook for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, top the chicken with the parsley and serve over a bed of rice. If you do not eat rice you can serve over cauliflower rice.
*If you do not have fresh parsley you can use dried parsley. Just add it to the beginning of the cooking process. You can serve this with a side of steamed vegetables.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe and if you decide to make it, please tag me on Instagram so that I can see your photos of this delicious meal and how you serve it.
INSTAGRAM – crewsfamilyvibes
YOUTUBE – crewsfamilyvibes
You can tune in on my youtube channel every Thursday for recipes and meal ideas. If you have any recipes you would like me to feature on my channel please feel free to email me ( email below). You can send in any recipe you like. It can be breakfast, dinner, lunch, snack, or dessert. I will pick one per week to feature on my channel. You will receive full credit of the recipe that you send in. I can not wait to try your recipes. You can send in any information you feel comfortable sharing. Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel so you don’t miss out on recipes every Thursday!
EMAIL – email@example.com