Everyone loves Spaghetti and Meatballs. In this recipe, I will share with your Our favorite Meatballs with marinara recipe. It is really easy to make and very tender and delicious. It requires little effort and has big flavor.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MEATBALLS:
1 to 2 lbs of ground beef ( depending on the size of your family)
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp garlic, minced
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp salt
1/2 tbsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SAUCE:
1 can tomato sauce
1 can crushed tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
4 tbsp white vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
hot sauce ( to taste)
DIRECTIONS FOR MEATBALLS:
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the ground beef and the flour. Give the mixture a stir and let it sit for about 10 minutes. This will soften the oats.
- Add the ground beef into the mixture and using your hands mix all of the ingredients together being careful not to over mix the meat. The mixture will be a little wet. Add a skillet to the stove and add about 1/2 cup of oil to your pan to prevent sticking. Turn the heat to medium heat so your pan will get hot.
- In a small bowl add the flour. Using a scoop or your hands form the meat into meatballs. You can make them however big or small you want. I usually make them about 1 1/2 inches big so that way everyone can get enough of them. lay them all on a sheet pan or plate. Now, roll the meatballs into the flour to completely coat them.
- Place the meatballs into the hot skillet and brown on both sides. this usually takes about 2 minutes per side depending on how big you make. They do not have to be completely done because you will cook them again later.
- When the meatballs are browned, place them in a high sided casserole dish and set aside until all of the meatballs are done. You can at this point preheat your oven to 375*.
DIRECTIONS FOR THE SAUCE:
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and mix well. Set aside until all of the meatballs are done and placed in the casserole dish.
- When they are all done pour the sauce over the meatballs and spread out evenly.
- place in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce is bubbly.
When they are done remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving. You can serve this however you like. You can serve them over pasta or mashed potatoes or even over cauliflower rice. I even place them in hoagie buns occasionally for meatball subs. If you do this you can add a slice or two of provolone cheese on top and place under the broiler to melt the cheese. Just keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
*If you try this recipe please tag me on Instagram so I can see how you like to serve these meatballs. I hope you enjoy!
Instagram ~ crewsfamilyvibes
Youtube ~ crewsfamilyvibes