Glad you stopped in to check out this new recipe. It is easy. It is delicious and quick to put together. Plus it is cooked in a crockpot and rice cooker. Less clean up and very tasty. Let’s not waste any time. Let’s get on to the recipe.
BUFFALO CHICKEN INGREDIENTS~
1 lb boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of Valentina Picante salsa Or you can use hot sauce- make sure it is the big bottle
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp sugar
1 pkg of small tortilla shells
TACO RICE WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN~
2 cups rice- rinsed
1/2 cup black beans- drained and rinsed
1/2 cup corn
1 pkg of taco seasoning
DIRECTIONS~ BUFFALO CHICKEN
- In a crockpot add your chicken and top with the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Then pour over your hot sauce of choosing. I chose the Valentina salsa Picante because it is just the right amount of heat. It is not too spicy and it has the best flavor. Sprinkle over the sugar and give it a little stir. Pop the lid on and set the temp to high. Cook for 4 hours.
- when the chicken is done, shred the chicken with two forks until desired texture. Place the lid back on and set to keep warm until your rice is finished cooking. Now let’s make the rice.
DIRECTIONS~ TACO RICE
- Place 2 cups of rice into a strainer and run water over the rice while rubbing the rice with your hand. Do this until the water runs clear. You can also do this in a bowl and just keep rinsing until the water is clear. I find the strainer to be quicker.
- Place the rice in your rice cooker and add in your black beans, corn, and the taco seasoning packet. Give it a quick stir and let your rice cooker to the White Rice setting. Let this cook. When the Rice is done turn off your cooker and let the rice sit for about 10 to 15 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
When you are ready to assemble take a small tortilla shell and fill with the rice mixture and top with your buffalo chicken. You can top this with whatever you desire. You can top them with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Also, put refried beans on the side just in case.
- I hope you guys enjoy this recipe. I loved coming up with this recipe for you. Something that is easy and quick to feed your family. You can easily add more chicken and hot sauce to feed more if needed. It is a very versatile dish. I love how simple it is yet it is so full of flavor.
- If you try it please let me know how you like it. You can tag me on Instagram with a picture if you like, so I will know what you paired it with. My Instagram handle is @crewsfamilyvibes. I will also be making a video on my youtube channel showing you how I make it. If you are interested head over to my youtube channel and check it out this Thursday (7-11-2019). My youtube channel is crewsfamilyvibes. Can’t wait to see you there.
~~~~If you have any recipes that you would like my family and I to try to send me an email. You can find my email on my Instagram ( @crewsfamilyvibes). I will make the dish from the recipe you send me and feature it on my youtube channel. If you would like for me to give a background on the recipe and of course, you. Please let me know. You can send pictures if you like. It is completely up to you. You will have full credit of your recipe. ~~~