In every southern home, you have some form of meatloaf. I have a few variations of meatloaf that I love to make. With all of the variations, the classic meatloaf is a staple of every home. In this recipe, I show you how to make it the classic way. I do add in parmesan cheese but you can leave this out and keep it completely classic style meatloaf. I like the flavor the parmesan cheese adds to the dish. Add it in or leave it out, It is completely up to you. Either way, it is so good and easy to make.
INGREDIENTS – MEATLOAF~
2 lbs ground beef
1/2 cup oats
1/4 diced onions
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
INGREDIENTS – SAUCE~
3/4 cup ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 tbsp brown sugar
DIRECTIONS – MEATLOAF~
- In s large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the ground beef. mix well.
- Add the ground beef and combine. Make sure to not over mix the beef. It will become tough. Combine until all ingredients are just mixed.
- Line a sheet pan with a sil-pat or parchment paper. Place the meat mixture on the pan. Shape into a loaf shape making a slight well indention on the top of the loaf. This ensures to hold the sauce on the top of the loaf.
DIRECTIONS – SAUCE~
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients and whisk together until there are no lumps. It should be a deeper color and with a smooth consistency.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the loaf and spread over the top including the top of the well indention. It should not be on the sides but if some drips down on the sides it is ok.
- place the loaf in a 425* oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before cutting into pieces.
You can serve this however you like. I serve this with a side salad or mashed potatoes and vegetables. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- If you choose to make this recipe you can tag me on Instagram @crewsfamilyvibes. I would love to see your pictures and what you pair your classic meatloaf with. There are no obligations to do so.
- You can also check out my YouTube channel that I created a while back for more recipes ( now and in the future). I post a “What’s for dinner/ Meal Ideas” every Thursday.
- If you have any recipes that you would like for my family and I to try you can email me. You can find my email on my Instagram page on my bio. You can send any recipe you like. It does not have to be just dinner recipes. If you send in a recipe please let me know if you would like me to feature it on my channel. You will have full credit to the recipe. Make sure you send in any information you would like me to share (included but not limited to~ photos, history of the recipe, information about you and the recipe, Your information that you would feel comfortable being made public on my channel). You can tune in every Thursday to see if your recipe made it on the channel. I will choose one every week. I will keep all recipes sent in and choose from the ones you send/sent in.