Every southern family has his or her own recipe for beef tips and rice. This is my recipe. it is a super simple meal and it is done in the crockpot. The beef tips are super tender and very flavorful. It is cooked hours in its own delicious gravy so the flavors are embedded into the beef tips. You can serve this over rice or mashed potatoes. I switch it up and every time I make it I serve it either over rice or mashed potatoes. I hope you guys fully enjoy this easy recipe. You can take a picture of it and tag me on Instagram @crewsfamilyvibes if you make it. I would love to see your photos! So, enough chit chat. Let’s get on to the recipe.
3 cups of beef broth
2 tsp ketchup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/3 cup flour
2 lbs beef tips
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cornstarch
- In a bowl or large measuring cup combine the following ingredients. Beef broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and flour. stir to combine well so that there are no lumps from the flour.
- In your crockpot add in the beef tips and your gravy mix that you just prepared. stir to combine. Cover with the lid and set to low temp. Cook for 5 hours.
- When you get to the 5-hour cooking point remove the lid of the crockpot. In a small bowl or cup combine the cornstarch and water. Pour into the beef tip mixture and stir.
- leave the lid off and cook for 1 more hour. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Use a plastic or wooden spoon.
- When it is done serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
- Super simple and full of flavor. You will love this recipe. The beef tips are super tender and taste so good.
- You can also check out my youtube channel. You can check out my “What’s For Dinner/ Meal Ideas” that I will be posting every Thursday. I will be posting 3 meal ideas to share with you. Some are going to be super simple and some are going to be more complex but nothing too strenuous. My channel is “crewsfamilyvibes”. You can also email me any recipes that you would want us to try and feature on my channel as well. You will have full credit of your recipe if I post to my channel. You can leave any information and sites that you want to include as well.
- My email is on my bio on my Instagram page @crewsfamilyvibes. If you choose to do so leave any information that you want me to make public on my channel (included but not limited to~ photos, websites, pages, cookbooks, family recipes, the information you want public about the recipe or you and your family) Where ever or whoever sends the recipe to my email will receive full credit of that recipe posted. I can’t wait to see your recipes. Love you guys!