This is a fresh and sweet recipe for the springtime or summertime. It is cool, fresh and sweet and sure to please with your family during the warm and hot summer months. It is super simple to make. First, let’s start off with the simple syrup. It is the part that takes the longest to make but it is really easy to make.
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of water
2 tbsp basil or 2 tsp dried basil ( you can also use mint)
- In a saucepan combine the ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool completely.
- Remove or strain out the basil or mint.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher.
13-15 lemons about 2 cups (or you can use 1 1/2 cups of lemon juice)
basil or mint simple syrup
- After you have added the simple syrup to the pitcher add in the lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Fill up the pitcher with water and stir to combine.
- Add ice to a glass and pour over the lemonade and serve with a lemon wedge for garnish.