I hope everyone is enjoying the day! Today’s recipe is a simple dinner idea that is perfect for the whole family. You can dress it up or leave as is. Either way, it is delicious. What is it you ask? Well, It is chicken tenders. Spicy chicken tenders. So let’s dive right into the recipe. Here is what you will need for the recipe.
1 lb chicken tenders
1 cup flour
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup hot sauce or to taste
1 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
1/3 cup mustard
1/3 cup honey
salt and pepper
- In a bowl add in your flour and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the eggs, buttermilk and hot sauce. whisk and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the cornmeal, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. whisk together and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425*.
- Take the chicken tenders and dip in the flour, then the egg mixture and then the cornmeal mixture. Place on a parchment lined sheet pan.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray. I use avocado oil or coconut oil spray.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce:
Combine the honey and the mustard and set aside until needed.
I like to cut the chicken tenders into pieces and serve over a bed of mixed greens and top it with the honey mustard dipping sauce. So good you guys.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. If you would like a more in-depth tutorial on this recipe you can check out my youtube crewsfamilyvibes or my Instagram @crewsfamilyvibes.