This recipe is a family favorite and has been for years. We all love the fresh taste the lemons give the chicken and the sauce is just so yummy. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do! Here is what you will need.
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp thyme, chopped
1 cup chicken stock or broth
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil (either avocado, coconut or olive oil )
1 whole chicken cut in pieces or 1 pound of chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- In an iron skillet or oven-safe skillet heat up the oil over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the lemon zest on both sides of the chicken evenly.
- Place the chicken skin side down and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside for now.
- In the skillet add the lemon juice and broth and whisk together to remove the goodness from the bottom of the skillet. Add in the thyme and whisk again.
- Add the chicken back in skin side up and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and set on the stove top.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the skillet to medium heat and add the butter. Whisk until the butter is completely melted and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- add the chicken back in or drizzle the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve warm.