This recipe is a family favorite and has been for years. We all love the fresh taste the lemons give the chicken and the sauce is just so yummy. I hope you guys love this recipe as much as we do! Here is what you will need.
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp thyme, chopped
1 cup chicken stock or broth
3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil (either avocado, coconut or olive oil )
1 whole chicken cut in pieces or 1 pound of chicken
- Preheat the oven to 350*
- In an iron skillet or oven-safe skillet heat up the oil over medium heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the lemon zest on both sides of the chicken evenly.
- Place the chicken skin side down and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside for now.
- In the skillet add the lemon juice and broth and whisk together to remove the goodness from the bottom of the skillet. Add in the thyme and whisk again.
- Add the chicken back in skin side up and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Remove from the oven and set on the stove top.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the skillet to medium heat and add the butter. Whisk until the butter is completely melted and add more salt and pepper to taste.
- add the chicken back in or drizzle the sauce over the chicken.
- Serve warm.
Published by The Southern Rustic
Thank you so much for stopping by. Let me tell you a little bit about me. I am a mom of two, a stepmom of 1, two wild and silly pups, and I have the best husband in the world. I also have a love of cooking and baking. I am always in the kitchen finding new recipes to try, recreating old family recipes, and reminiscing about the old ways. I am vintage at heart and love all things old and cast iron. I love spending time with the family and pups and just going where life takes us.
I created my blog a few years ago with my youtube channel because I thought that If I shared a recipe, then people just might like to see just how the recipe is put together. I share all of my family recipes along with today's recipes. Whether it is old-fashioned recipes, sourdough, einkorn, desserts, sheet pan meals, or even crockpot meals, they are all absolutely delicious.
I spend hours, if not days, creating and dabbling with recipes to make sure they are the best for you and your family. All of my recipes are family tested and family-approved before they are ever posted to my blog or youtube channel.
Every now and again I will share some behind-the-scenes fun and chaos of our creations and family adventures. I hope you all stick around and join us here at The Southern Rustic and see what we cook up in my kitchen. You can find all of my social media information in the Contact/Donate OR the Social Media Accounts tab on my home page. There I have listed my Instagram pages, YouTube channel, Email, and other information so you can easily find everything in one place.
I hope that you all have a wonderful, wonderful day and I will see you soon.
View all posts by The Southern Rustic